AVA Development Clinics
Alberta Volleyball Development Clinics are a sport outreach program that provides volleyball enthusiasts across the province with the opportunity to participate in a top quality volleyball clinic. The program is available to all Alberta Junior and Senior High Schools and Clubs at minimal cost. Funding assistance is provided by the Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation and the Alberta Volleyball Association.
All of our Clinicians are NCCP certified with volleyball experience as coaches and players.
Host Requirements & Responsibilities
Any interested schools, groups, or teams may book a clinic. At various times in the year this program may be in high demand so you are encouraged to apply for your hosting date(s) early. We will do our absolute best to accommodate your requested times. However, due to the large number of clinic requests, we may need to group clinics of similar regions together. When demand is high, priority will be given to those groups and communities who have not had a clinic in recent years. Beyond this, clinics will be booked on a first come first serve basis.
- Schedule clinic times and dates with Alberta Volleyball.
- Promote the clinic among your team(s), or group(s).
- Register all participants, collect all participant registration fees and forward all fees to Alberta Volleyball.
- Ensure that there is a minimum of 12 participants to a maximum of 30 participants for each clinic.
- Reserve and supply the clinic with adequate facilities and all necessary equipment. This includes gym space, volleyball net(s), and one volleyball for every two athletes.
- Ensure that a supervisor/coach/teacher is present during the clinic.
Types of Development Clinics
The instructor will tailor the clinic to your teams’ needs. Some ideas for clinics inclde: Basic Skills (early season), Advanced Skills, or Team Play (late season). The coach/teacher must be present and active during the clinic
Clinic length: 1.5 - 2 hours
Cost: $12.00 per participant (minimum charge of $144)
Number of Participants: Maximum of 30 per session
Level of Participants: The participants in a clinic should be at the same relative skill level; if participants are at different levels, two separate clinics should be booked.
Please note: The coach and/or teacher must be present during the clinic
To Register: please download and complete the Development Clinic Registration Form
Contact Derek Hemsley at (780) 415-1703 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to book a clinic.